Monday, June 21, 2010

Back to the Grind

Let me be clear. I love Monster Hunter. I love Monster Hunter more than I love chocolate.

And I really like chocolate.

REALLY.

I love the complexity of some things in the game while it still maintains the 'beat it with a stick' mentality. It doesn't matter that I have to kill 125 Rathalos to get two heavenly scales. Each time I fight him and I don't get it, I get the inkling for vengeance against that prick for not handing it over and that makes me want to whack him in the face again with my sword. Come to think of it, nothing else can really make me try so hard to do something so trivial and yet...so important.

I love the idiots that play online.

Or maybe I hate them.

Probably both.

Nothing makes me rage more than when I see someone lay a trap after a monster roars for the first time and starts tossing a full stack of tranqbombs at it.

Then again, the amusement comes when I realize it's not my items going to waste and that someone else usually ends up successfully capturing the beast after the millionth time the former idiot asked 'it is ready yet?'.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are people so awesome, you cannot define the amount of awesome.

I don't mean folks running around in Fatalis gear. BAH. There are hacks for that sort of thing, that doesn't impress me until I see that you can take down a Fatalis on your own skill without a single mod to your game or PSP.

What I'm talking about are the people who actually are willing to help. Not gripe if you're trying a monster for the first time and they want skilled players. First of all, if the monster is online only...there has to be a first time, and it has to be with other people. Boo hoo on you for getting someone who's new at ONE monster. "Skilled players" refers to someone who actually knows what they're doing in the game. It doesn't specify that you have to be skilled at fighting that particular beast, so stop whining.

Now. Back to the awesome. I love it when people are down for a Tigrex hunt, even though they don't want to do it. They understand you need a carve and they understand that he's a complete asshole when you try it at the higher ranks by yourself. What I love more is a complete stranger helping someone over 10 HR lower than they are get their ugent for the next rank set because the people at their level are being douches and want to cap Great Baggi twelve times instead of trying to rank up. MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT.

Yes, there is rage. And there is love. Amusement. Friends. YAY.

P.S. I still hate you Los. You and your whore bitch. Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment